Summary of Current Situation:
Cambodia is currently the easiest country in Southeast Asia to visit, and has been fully reopened to vaccinated travellers since November. In an address on 21 January, the Prime Minister of Cambodia announced that travellers entering Cambodia who test positive for COVID upon arrival will be allowed to receive treatment or to self-isolate in their hotel or embassy based on preference, assuaging one of the biggest concerns so far from their reopening strategy. For anyone who has ever dreamt of experiencing the wonders of Angkor without the crowds, there has never been a better time to go!
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions! [email protected]
Steps for Travelers:
- Apply online for an e-visa Tourism Visa Type T. Can also be done at a Cambodian Embassy or Consular Office.
- In this same online visa approval process, you will upload:
- Proof of full vaccination at least 14 days prior to departure to Cambodia
- Proof of health/medical insurance covering COVID treatment with a minimum coverage of $50,000 USD. Alternatively: insurance covering up to 20 days can be purchased on-arrival for $90 USD.
- Negative test results from a PCR test within 72 hours of departure to Cambodia.
- As long as the above conditions are met, citizens of any country are permitted to enter Cambodia.
- Undergo a free RTK saliva test upon arrival.
- Wait 15-20 minutes for the results from the RTK saliva test to be returned.
- If test result is negative, guests are free to explore all of Cambodia unrestricted and with no quarantine.
- If test results are positive, guests will be asked to do a PCR test to confirm the results. If the positive result is confirmed, traveler will be admitted to an isolation/quarantine facility.
- Download ‘Tracerapp’ before exiting the airport.
EXO Travel can arrange for hotels, transfers and touring as usual.